Richard's Online Teaching Summer 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower.

+6
LeeJunSeok
Kim chi-hyeon
Kimyounggwang
Jung-chanju
kim si woon
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower.

Post  Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:05 am

Target writing skill: Main idea of a story.

● Task 1 Questions: Page 10-11. Read 'The Eiffel Tower' (pg.10) and answer 'Comprehension Questions' (pg.11)
● Task 2 Dialogue: Page 12-13. Read 'Learning English' (pg.12) and answer 'Comprehension Questions' (pg.13)
● Task 3 Essay: Page 14-15. Read 'Instruction' (pg.15) and write about a famous king. Use 'Guided Questions' (pg.14) to help you.

Please post your finished work UNDER THIS MESSAGE with your NAME (IN ENGLISH), STUDENT NUMBER and EMAIL ADDRESS.

If you don't send me your work by 09.30 ON MONDAY 19TH JULY I won't correct it Exclamation Exclamation

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://richard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 3804 kim si woon

Post  kim si woon Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:04 am

pg.11
Comprehension Questions
1.Who designed th Eiffel Tower?
Gustave Eiffel designed th Eiffel Tower.
2.When was it finished?
It was finished in 1889.
3.How tall is it?
It is 324meters tall.
4.What was th initial reaction when it was first opened?
When it first opened, many people thought it was ugly.
5.Why wasn't it demolished in 1909?
Because it was such a well known landmark.
Writing Skills Check-Up
1.What is the stroy manily about
About the Eiffel tower
2.What is a topic sentence?
People every where know about the Eiffel Tower
pg.13
Comprehension Question
1.When did Yoonsik go to America
When he was 9years old.
2.How long did it take Yoonsik to start speaking English?
It takes about three months
3.What else did Yoonsik do to learn English?
Tutor gave him a journal to write in, and he and tutor talked about his writing. And she asked him to read and
write every day. so he spoke more English everyday .
4.What is Yoong Hoon's dream?
He wants to go to France and Mexico.
Summary
Yoon Sik went to America when he was 9years old. And Yoon Sik and Young Hoon are talking about that. For
example Young Hoon asked about how to learn english and Yoon Sik answers.
pg.14
Guided Questions
1.Write about a king who you respect or know a lot about.
I want to write about king Sejong. Because he is very famous.
2.Write about the time of his reign.
He was born at 1397 may 15th and died 1450 february 17th. When king Sejong was govern the chosun
dynasty people was peaceful and happy.
3.Write about his achievements
The most famous thing he did is making 'hunminjeongeum'. hunminjeongeum is a book that made in 1446.
This book is for illiterate. Because it contains the 'hangul':first korean. The first korean was called
hunminjeongeum too. He did lot of wonderful things more. In his era culture, economy, politics all had
promoted much. And he made 'jip hyun jeon'. In here scholars studied and researched. Most inportantly
hunminjeongeum is made in here. King Sejong also made books in korean. It's called 'youngbiachungga'
and 'samganghangsildo'. These two books helped people to learn korean.
4.Write about of his death
King Sejong was died in 1450 february 17th. He died because of many diseases. First he was obesity. He
liked to eat meat and don't want to exercise much so it was a natural result. Than after age of 35 he got
diabetes. And he got many diabetes complications. Such as headaches, dysentery etc.. Like this when he
qured in one disease, king Sejong got another disease.
5.Write about his burial site
His tomb was once in Seoul Seocho-gu Naegok-dong. But it moved in 1469 to Gyeonggi-do Yeoju-gun
Neungseo-myeon Wangdae-ri. His tomb is historical site now. Queen Sohun's tomb is beside king Sejong's
tomb.
pg.15
Interuction
chooses one of the famous kings in your history. learn about the king's life. Write about the king

I want to write about king Sejong. Because he is very famous. Also he is the most well known king in korea.
Most importantly, he made hangul.

Now I'll going to explain about king Sejong. He was born at 1397 may 15th and died 1450 february 17th.
When king Sejong was govern the chosun dynasty people was peaceful and happy.

What did king Sejong did in his reign? The most famous thing he did is making 'hunminjeongeum'.
hunminjeongeum is a book that made in 1446. This book is for illiterate. Because it contains the 'hangul':first
korean. The first korean was called hunminjeongeum too. He did lot of wonderful things more. In his era
culture, economy, politics all had promoted much. And he made 'jip hyun jeon'. In here scholars studied and
researched. Most inportantly hunminjeongeum is made in here. King Sejong also made books in korean. It's
called 'youngbiachungga' and 'samganghangsildo'. These two books helped people to learn korean.

Now I'll write about his death. King Sejong was died in 1450 february 17th. He died because of many
diseases. First he was obesity. He liked to eat meat and don't want to exercise much so it was a natural
result. Than after age of 35 he got diabetes. And he got many diabetes complications. Such as headaches,
dysentery etc.. Like this when he qured in one disease, king Sejong got another disease.

Chosun dynesty had regarded about tombs. So lets know about his king Sejong's tomb. His tomb was once
in Seoul Seocho-gu Naegok-dong. But it moved in 1469 to Gyeonggi-do Yeoju-gun Neungseo-myeon
Wangdae-ri. His tomb is historical site now. Also queen Sohun's tomb is beside king Sejong's tomb.

[/right]kim si woon
[right] e-mail: swkim8715@naver.com Razz Laughing Very Happy Cool Surprised

kim si woon

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty Jung-chanju's work.

Post  Jung-chanju Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:03 pm

TaSk 1
1 Q. Who designed the Eiffel Tower?
A. It was designed by Gustave Eiffel
2 Q. When was it finished?
A. It was finished in 1889 just in time for the World’s Fair.
3 Q. How tall is it?(Eiffel Tower)
A. It is 324meters tall, the tallest building in Paris.
4 Q. What was the initial reaction when it was first opened?
A. Many people thought it was ugly.
5 Q. Why wasn’t it demolished in 1909?
A. It was saved because it was such a well-known landmark.
TAsK 2

1. Q. When did Yoonsik go to America
A. He went to America when I was 9 years old.
2. Q. How long did it take Yoonsik to start speaking English?
A. He takes about three months to start speaking English.
3. Q. What else did Yoonsik do to learn English.
A. He had very good tutor and they talked about his writing.
4. Q. What is Young Hoon’s dream?
A. He’s dream is that learn many languages, and I want to learn about many different cultures
TasK 3 EsSAy
There are many kings in the world. The King Sejong of Chosun Dynasty is the best king in the Korea in ever.
He was born at 1397 AD and He dead at 1450. He was very ill that time because he was really liked to read book, so he has a eye weakness.
He has many achievements. But for his plan, we must be invaded to China or Japan. Also he made Korean so Korean can use Korean now a days.
He has ten sons and daughters. He has very big family, so he have to love them all.
He was buried in Korean of course, many people went there too.

Jung-chanju

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 3805 Kim young gwang

Post  Kimyounggwang Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Task 1
1. Who designed the Eiffel Tower?
->Gustave Eiffel
2. When was it finished?
->1889
3. How tall is it?
->324m
5. Why wasn't it demolished in 1909?
->Because it was such a well known landmark.

Task2
1. When did Yoonsik go to America?
-> When he was 9 years old.
2. How long did it take Yoonsik to start speaking English?
-> Three months.
3. What else did Yoonsik do to learn English?
-> He had a tutor.
4. What is Young Hoon's dream?
-> He's dream is learning many languages and learn about many different cultures.

Task3
In my history(in my memories)king Solomon is the most famous. King Solomon is
the wisest king in all of history. Now lets learn about him.

According to bible King Solomon's wisdom is came from God. In bible it said-'In Gibeon
Jehovah appeared to Solomon in a dream by night and God proceeded to say "Request
hat I should give you." At this Solomon said "You yourself have exercised great
loving-kindness toward your servant David my father according as he walked before
you in truth and in righteousness and in uprightness of heart with you and you continued
keeping toward him this great loving-kindness, so that you gave him a son to sit upon his
throne as at this day……(Ellipsis)……And you must give to your servant an obedient heart
to judge your people, to discern between good and bad for who is able to judge this difficult
people of yours?" And the thing was pleasing in the eyes of Jehovah, because Solomon had
requested this thing. -
So this is how King Solomon had great wisdom. As you know he judged about two mother,
very wisely and the other country's King was surprise for his wisdom.

King Solomon's power was great. When he gets more wisely and more powerful Solomon
came to have forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots and twelve thousand horsemen.
And he rules the every area of Israel. There was none of nations that against King Solomon.
They try to have marriage alliance. So he had many wives.

His food was luxurious. He eat thirty cor measures of fine flour and sixty cor measures of flour,
ten fat cattle and twenty pastured cattle and a hundred sheep, besides some stages and gazelles
and roebucks and fattened cuckoos. Isn't it marvelous? Those food was very luxurious in that days.

King Solomon's life was full of bless. But what can we learn about this great King? We can learn
wisdom is the most valuable and most mighty. Is there any one who can steal wisdom? Is there a
great man in history that has no wisdom? Of course not. So we must try to be wisely just like Solomon.
(Although God gave wisdom to Solomon)
Kimyounggwang
Kimyounggwang

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 3510 Kim chi-hyeon

Post  Kim chi-hyeon Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:53 pm

P11 1. (1)-Gustave Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower.
(2)-It was finished in 1889 just in time for the world's Fair.
(3)-It is 324 meters tall, the tallest building in Paris.
(4)-When it first opened, many people thought it was angry.
(5)-Because it was such a well-known landmark.
2. (1) Eiffel Tower.
(2) People everywhere know about the Eiffel Tower.
P13 (1) He went to America when he was 9 years old.
(2) It takes about three months.
(3) His tutor gave him a journal to write in, and they talked about his writing. And she asked him to read and write everyday.
(4) He wants to go France and Mexico. He also wants to learn many languages and cultures.

P15
King Gwang-gae-to was famous king of Go-Gu-reo. He was born in 374. His name was Dam-Duck. His grandfather, king so-su-rim, sat basis of country. And then, King Gwang-gae-to extended its territory.
He achieved not territory also independance. He used Korean name of era at first time. He got many lands from ManJu, and he got surrender from Bak-Jae which is his great-grandfather's enemy. Bak-Jae was the strongest country before King Gwang-gae-to.
He sent troops to Sinra to defeat Japanese raiders. Sinra king inquired him to send troops because of Japanese. He sent about 50000. They were equiped by great ironware.
Then Go-Gu-reo became the strongest country in East Asia, and it became one of the strongest countries in the world. He was the greatest king ever.
He was only called 'the Great king' with Sejong.

E-mail : yht6212@naver.com

Last edited by Kim chi-hyeon on Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

Kim chi-hyeon

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 2717 LeeJunSeok

Post  LeeJunSeok Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:09 am

Task 1.
<Comprehension Question>
-> Gustave Eiffel designed it.
2. When was it finished?
-> It was finished in 1889.
3. How tall is it?
-> It is 324 meters high.
4. What was the initial reaction when it was first opened?
-> At first, many people thought it was ugly.
-> Because of well-known landmark.
<Writing Skills Check-up>
1. What is the story mainly about/
-> This story is about Eiffel Tower's history.
2. What is a topic sentence?
-> People everywhere know about the Eiffel Tower.
Task 2.
<Comprehension Question>
-> He went to America nine years ago.
-> He took three months to start speaking English.
-> After summer school he had a very good tutor, Mrs. Hurley.
4. What is Young Hoon's dream.
-> His dream is to learn many languages, and to learn about many different cultures.
<Summary>
-> Yoonsik couldn't speak English well. Because he just went to America. However, now he can speak English. There was a woman who helped him to speak English. Young Hoon and Yoonsik are friend. Next year Young Hoon is going to America. Not only he wants to learn English, but also he wants to learn French and Spanish.
I think Young Hoon likes to learn many other languages.
Task 3.
<Guided Question>
1. Write about a king who you respect or know a lot about.
-> I will write down about a King Sejong. He invented many things such as Hunminjeongeum known as Hangul. And he attacked a Jananese island, and get it.
2. Write about the time of his reign.
-> He ruled his country with kindness and pleasure. So, the people in that country could live in peace. And he judged very equally so there were rarely not complaining.
3. Write down his achievements.
-> He made a "JipHyeonJun" to spread their knowledge to the people and made a "Chookugee" to count how much rainfall. Also, he made "Sun watch" to check our time. So I respect him very much, and he is my hero.
4. Write about of his death.
-> He was died in 1450. He do many things to his country, so he got many diseases. At last, he could not make a living so he died. I think he has no regret.
5. Write about his burial site.
-> At first, his tomb was placed in Seoul, but few years later it moved Gyeonggi-do. It is very holy and sanctuary place.
<Instruction>
I will right down about the King Sejong. Do you know why I choose him to write? Because he do many useful and great things. For example, we had to count how much rainfall. So King Sejong thought 'how can I help them' and finally he made a "Chookugee" which can count the rainfall. And he made a "JipHyeonJun" to spread many great and useful knowledge to their people.
And the people had to know what time is it now. So King Sejong made "Sun watch" to check our time. So they can make a plan, and do regularly.
He ruled his country with kindness and pleasure. So, the people in that country could live in peace. And he judged very equally so there were rarely not complaining. And he made many other rules to administer the people. He was died in 1450. He do many things to his country, so he got many diseases. At last, he could not make a living so he died. However he has no regret. Because he named on the Korean history book.
(My e-mail address is ijs0248@hanmail.net)

Last edited by LeeJunSeok on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total

LeeJunSeok

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 3505 Kim Do-hyeong

Post  Kim Do-hyeong Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 am

Task 1
1. who designed the Eiffel Tower?
A: It was designed by Gustave Eiffel.
2. When was it finished?
A: It was finished in 1889.
3. How tall is it?
A: It is 324meters tall.
A: Many people thought it ugly.
5. Why wasn’t it demolished in 1909?
A: Because it was such a well-known landmark.

Task 2
A: He was 9 years old.
A: About three month.
A: He had a very good tutor, Mrs. Hurley.
4. What is Young Hoon’s dream?
A: Traveling ahead, To learn many languages.

Task 3

Se-jong the Great (1397~1450)

Se-jong was the forth king of the Chosen. Se-jong is one of only two Korean rulers honored with the appellation "the Great", the other being Gwanggaeto the Great of Goguryeo. When he was young, he was very smart.
Hangul Korean Alphabet is the best of his achievements. He made Hangul because he thought the people who don’t know Hanja (Chinese Alphabet) was very poor. It was made in 1443 and distributed in 1446. It was called Hunminjeongeum.
He thought importance of national defense. Therefore he let Lee Jong Moo conquer Tsushima island and Choi Yun-deok Kim Jong-seo establish four forts and six posts to safeguard his people from Manchurian nomads living in Manchuria.
He let some scholars create science instruments. For example, Jang Yeong-sil's self-striking water clock, Cheuk U Ki, in order to find out distribution of the each regional amount of rainfall, Sundial called Angbuillgu etc.
He died at the age of 54 because of Diabetes complication. He burial at the Yeong Mausoleum in YeoJoo. Many Korean people think he was the best king.

Kim Do-hyeong, 3505, kdh0697@hanmail.net

Kim Do-hyeong

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 3414 Seo Myeong June

Post  FTunited09 Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:19 am

Task 1.
-Comprehension Question-
- Gustave Eiffel
2. When was it finished?
3. How tall is it?
- 324 meters
- At first, many people thought it was ugly.
- Because it is still used as a radio tower

-Writing Skills Check-up-
1. What is the story mainly about?
- This story is about Eiffel Tower.
2. What is a topic sentence?
- People everywhere know about the Eiffel Tower.

Task 2.
-Comprehension Question-
- He went to America 9 years old.
- about three months.
- Mrs. Hurley help Yoonsik. for example, she asked Yoonsik to read and write everyday.
4. What is Young Hoon's dream?
- he will go France, Mexico and learn French, Spanish.

Task 3.
-Guided Question-
1. Write about a king who you respect or know a lot about.
- I respect Sejong so I write. He invented many things such as Hanguel.
2. Write about the time of his reign.
- At that time, the country was peaceful. so king studied hard, invented many useful things.
3. Write about his achievements.
- He made Hanguel, sun watch, water watch to help people.
4. Write about of his death.
- He was died in 1450. He do many things to his people, so he got many diseases. finally, he went heaven.
5. Write about his burial site.
- His tomb sited in eyuju.

-Instruction-
- Sejong is Tejong's third son. In 1418, he became josun's king.
after that, Sejong effort politics, economy, culture.
so josun became great country. he made JipHyeonJun to study learning.
he invented many great things with scholars.
Hanguel, sun watch, water watch and so on help people in many ways.
Sejong was great king in Josun.

FTunited09

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty Re: Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower.

Post  Admin Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:18 am

Thankyou. This lesson is now finished. I will email your corrected work to you by Wednesday 09.30am. Don't forget to send me your lesson 2 work by Wednesday 09.30am. Very Happy Basketball cyclops
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty Re: Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower.

Post  Lee Tae-yoon Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 pm

TaSk 1
1 Q. Who designed the Eiffel Tower?
A. It was designed by Gustave Eiffel.
2 Q. When was it finished?
A. It was finished in 1889.
3 Q. How tall is it?(Eiffel Tower)
A. It is 324meters tall.
4 Q. What was the initial reaction when it was first opened?
A. Many people thought it was ugly.
5 Q. Why wasn’t it demolished in 1909?
A. it was such a well-known landmark.
TAsK 2

1. Q. When did Yoonsik go to America
A. He went to America when he was 9 years old.
2. Q. How long did it take Yoonsik to start speaking English?
A. It took about three months.
3. Q. What else did Yoonsik do to learn English.
A. He spoke English and also heard English every day with his tutor.
4. Q. What is Young Hoon’s dream?
A. His dream is to learn many languages and cultures.
TasK 3 EsSAy

In my history the most famous king(president) is Lincoln the 16th president in U.S.A.
Maybe the reason why he desired to be a president was to reach a goal emancipation of slaves.
Then, He ran as a candidate several times. But he stood unsuccessfully each times.
But he stood as a candidate over and over again. I suggest that he maybe a man who didn't know renouncing.
Because of his indefatigable personality, he eventually became U.S.A. president.
In my subjective perspecitve, the reason he losed the election many times over is not to get GOD's calling.
Maybe GOD would use him to achieve a big success later.
His achievements are uncountable. A
nyway the most great thing of his achivements is emancipation of slaves.
Of course, it also results from his sympothy but without that it called many effection to economy, society, culture of U.S.A.
I think he has not only a great leadership but great wisdom.
Anyway I respect him the most because of above all his character.

Lee Tae-yoon

Back to top Go down

Monday 19th: Unit 1 – The Eiffel Tower. Empty 3624 juninsuk

Post  dlstjr583 Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:02 am

nothing

Last edited by dlstjr583 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total

dlstjr583

Back to top Go down

Post  dlstjr583 Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 am

dlstjr583 wrote:Practice
1. Gustare Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower.
2. It was finished in 1889.
3. It is 324 meters tall.
4. It was used as radio Tower .
5. Because It was such a well-known land mark.

1. This story is mainly about the Eiffel Tower.
2. Eiffel tower is the best kown French land mark.

Dialog
1. He went to America when he was 9years old.
2. He took three months to start speaking English.
3. His dream is learning many languages and many cultures.

essay

I know sae-jong king. He was greatest king of the korea. He made a Korean and made many famous sicentists like jang young sill. sae jong's father was very stric. so He could concentrate at culture. When He control cho-seon, make many beautiful culture.
when I was little boy, I saw his book. It was wonderful for me. I got adventure sprit. I became respect him.
He was not only a quite and smart boy,but also stric king. so anyone could kid him. This is reason for he could increase culture. Richard, Do you know him? If you not, I want you to read about him.
sorry. richard... i will do best next subject... i must be going on camp... sorry.
dlstjr583@naver.com 3624 전인석

dlstjr583

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:03 am

Juninsuk, I sent your work to your email Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum