Richard's Online Teaching Summer 2010
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms.

5 posters

Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms.

Post  Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:55 am

Target writing skill: Understanding tables.

● Task 1 Questions: Page 50-51. Read 'Storms' (pg.50) and answer 'Comprehension Questions' (pg.51)
● Task 2 Dialogue: Page 52-53. Read 'Nutrition' (pg.52) and answer 'Comprehension Questions' (pg.53)
● Task 3 Essay: Page 54-55. Read 'Instruction' (pg.55) and MAKE A TABLE about 3 different climates. Use 'Guided Questions' (pg.54) to help you.

Please post your finished work UNDER THIS MESSAGE with your NAME (IN ENGLISH), STUDENT NUMBER and EMAIL ADDRESS.

If you don't send me your work by 09.30 ON FRIDAY 30TH JULY I won't correct it Exclamation Exclamation
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://richard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty 2717 LeeJunSeok

Post  LeeJunSeok Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Teacher I don't have this page. So, I couldn't do it. I'm so sorry for that.
Have a nice weekend.

LeeJunSeok

Back to top Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty Re: Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms.

Post  Admin Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Sorry, I made a mistake and haven't given some of you the lesson 6 'storms' page. Please look at the instructions below and complete. Send to me anytime on Friday and I will return to you by 09.30 Monday.

Thanks!!

Guided Questions.

1. Introduce 3 different types of environments.
2. Write about the desert.
3. Write about the rainforest.
4. Write about the tundra.

Instruction.

Write about 3 different climates. Write about their characteristics. Try to use a table to show the differences.

Questions:

1. Have you experienced a severe weather?
2. What are tornadoes?
3. What are thunderstorms?
4. how do you prepare for severe weather?
5. what kind of severe weather can we get in Korea?

Thanks!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://richard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty 3804 kim si woon

Post  kim si woon Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Sorry richard I don't have lesson six. so I only did essay. Thanks for teaching me for 2weeks. It helped me a lot.
Here's my essay

There are many weather's in earth. For example sunny, windy, rainning such as thing.

I have many experience with weather. One of them was when I was 3rd grades in elementary school. I was in my grand mother's house. Then second day in the grandmother's house typhoon 'cicada' has came. It was such a disaster. telephone pole pulled out, everything is blowing away. The next day everything in the outside was broken. I've never seen the typhoon as 'cicada'.

Do you know what is tornadoes? Tornadoes are made upon the sea. It absorb the heat of the sea to move. Tornadoes are conical shape. And can move to 100~200m/s. It make thing go up in the sky.

And how about the thunderstorms? It is a storm that makes thunder and lightning. It accompany with strong wind, rain and hail. It has 3 stages in thunderstorms. First in a cumulus it make strong updraft and strong winds. In second stage it rains a lot. Finally rains stop and clouds are gone.

I prepare not much when wether changes. When it rains I take umbrella. And when it's to shiny I put some suncream on my face.

There are many kinds of weather in korea. But not very harmful. For example we have typhoon, hail, tsunami and earthquake sometimes, snow etc. There are special weather in winter. It is a cycle of three cold days and four warm days. It really feel cold for three days and warm for four days.

E-mail : swkim8715@naver.com name. kim si woon Sleep Sleep alien No Basketball sunny bounce Embarassed Razz

kim si woon

Back to top Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty 3805 Kim young gwang

Post  Kimyounggwang Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:43 am

There is many different climates. But today lets learn about these three.

First is typoon. typoon is kind of storm. In korea we had typoon butterfly,
typoon cicada, etc. Typoon is made in west south part of north pacific, and
blows to east asia. The word 'typoon' was made by france in 1504, and also
in arab ther was word that means typoon.

Second is tornado. Tornado is stronger than typoon. Tornado looks like pillar.
Tornado draws in every thing in his range. So it is more powerful than typoon.
The word call 'tornado' is from latin 'tornare' .

Third is cyclone. Cyclone is from south pacific north of india and south part of
india. Cyclone is much stronger than other 2. It can cause people to dead. I don't
have much information about cyclone, so I can't explane any more.

In korea there is only typoon. There is no such thing as cyclone, tornado. I'm thanks
for that. I hope many people to survive in those disaster.
Kimyounggwang
Kimyounggwang

Back to top Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty 3624 juninsuk

Post  dlstjr583 Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:37 am

There are very many weathers in earth. For example, There are rainy, snowy, sunny.
There is lightening. It is a kind of weathers. It seems like a yellow stick. But it is so dangerous for us Because lightening is some of electric. So there were some people who has been killed by lightening. The lightening usually come with hard storm. It's scared and affraid.
And there is hurricane. hurricane is kind of storm. But hurricane is so powerful. So many America have great damage. It seems tornado. and it breaks buildings, trees, cars,....

dlstjr583

Back to top Go down

Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms. Empty Re: Friday 30th: Unit 6 - Storms.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum